Last week on May 9th& 10th, BC & Alberta Guide Dogs graduated its 50thand 51stAutism Support Dog teams.
About Autism Support Dogs
Autism Support Dogs are provided to children with profound autism aged 3-10 and their families, at no cost to the recipient. Some benefits of Autism Support Dogs include:
- Increases safety for the child (prevents the child from bolting)
- Encourages social interaction
- Enhances responsibility skills for the child
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Supports daily living skills
- Greater quality of life for families who are able to spend more time in the community and participate in family activities.