RunGo Dash for Dogs returns for its 8th year as a live, in-“paw”son event on Sunday, February 27, 2022! The guided 10K, 5K or 2K run/walk will take you through Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC with 100% proceeds going to BC & Alberta Guide Dogs.
This fun and non-competitive race takes you through the beautiful trails in Stanley Park. After the run, there will be a social event with pancakes, prizes, and lots of doggy treats, too! You don’t need a dog to run, but good dogs are welcome on leash at all times.
* RunGo Dash for Dogs will be adhering to COVID safety procedures that are subject to change*
- Start Location: Brockton Pavilion (1151 Stanley Park Drive, Vancouver BC)
- Start Date: February 27, 2022
- Start Times: 10km: 9:30 am, 5km 9:35 am, 2k 9:45 am
- Early Packet Pickup: Friday, February 26, 12pm – 7pm (at Denman Running Room, 679 Denman St, Vancouver)
- Race Day: Opens at 8:30 am (at Brockton Pavilion)
Limited Race Day registration (additional $5 on pre-registration prices)
RunGo founder Craig Slagel has always had a passion for technology and became an avid runner after completing his first marathon in 2002. In 2012 Craig decided to combine his passion for technology and running to make a mobile app to inspire and encourage people to run. Coming from a background in digital media for EA and Microsoft, he started by making a running game.
At the same time Craig adopted his retired Guide Dog Dynasty. Some friends mentioned he should use her to guide him on his runs – as he had a reputation of getting lost. Inspired by Dynasty to develop a running guide app, Craig founded his company Leaping Coyote Interactive. With a small team of developers he created RunGo, a running app that would help people find running routes and help direct them along the way.
Since launching the app, RunGo has worked with BC & Alberta Guide Dogs, and runners who are visually-impaired for feedback in creating an ‘eyes free’ navigation experience.