RunGo Dash for Dogs is a guided 10K, 5K or 2K run/walk through Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC with 100% proceeds going to BC and Alberta Guide Dogs.
This fun and non-competitive race takes you through the beautiful trails in Stanley Park. After the run, there will be a social event with pancakes, prizes, and good tunes! This is a race for people to support dogs, you don’t need a dog to run.
Guide Dogs and good dogs are welcome. Dogs must be on leash and under control at all times for the safety of the working Guide Dogs.
- Start Location: Brockton Pavilion (1151 Stanley Park Drive Vancouver BC)
- Start Date: February 23, 2020
- Start Times: 10km: 9:45 am, 5km 10:00 am, 2k 10:15 am
- Early Packet Pickup: Friday, February 21, 12pm – 7pm (at Denman Running Room, 679 Denman St, Vancouver)
- Race Day: Opens at 9:00 am (at Brockton Pavilion)
- Limited Race Day registration (additional $5 on pre-registration prices).
RunGo founder Craig Slagel has always had a passion for technology and became an avid runner after completing his first marathon in 2002. In 2012 Craig decided to combine his passion for technology and running to make a mobile app to inspire and encourage people to run. Coming from a background in digital media for EA and Microsoft, he started by making a running game.
At the same time Craig adopted his retired Guide Dog Dynasty. Some friends mentioned he should use her to guide him on his runs – as he had a reputation of getting lost. Inspired by Dynasty to develop a running guide app, Craig founded his company Leaping Coyote Interactive. With a small team of developers he created RunGo, a running app that would help people find running routes and help direct them along the way.
Since launching the app, RunGo has worked with BC & Alberta Guide Dogs, and runners who are visually-impaired for feedback in creating an ‘eyes free’ navigation experience.