Join BC & Alberta Guide Dogs for this year’s Woof-a-Thon Virtual Challenge! Funds raised will go towards providing Guide Dogs, Autism Service Dogs and PTSD Service Dogs to those in need. This year’s Virtual Challenge is generously sponsored by Mott Electric GP.
Physical distancing doesn’t mean social isolation, we can all get active together – virtually! Ride a bike, walk your dog, paint a picture, knit a blanket, bake pies for your favourite senior or neighbour – anything that you love to do. By taking part, you will help us continue to do what we love, which is to help individuals who are blind / visually-impaired, children with autism, and Veterans and First Responders living with PTSD.
We suggest that participants set a personal fundraising goal of $1,000 to help us reach our goal of $70,000! Sign up today with your team or as an individual to participate. Collect pledges and then join us the week of October 4th to 10th with your activity of choice.
Share your chosen activity online using the hashtags #WoofAThon #PuppyPawsitive #BCandAlbertaGuideDogs to show your support. The challenge is to get active and stay pawsitive – we’ll bring the puppies for inspiration!
STEP 1 – Register as a participant
- Register as an individual, or challenge your friends to join your team
- You will be automatically entered to win prizes for your participation
STEP 2 – Pick your activity & collect pledges
- Pick an activity that you can do while physical distancing, it can be something you do with your household, or that you can do on your own. It can be indoors or outdoors but remember to maintain a safe physical distance.
- Collect pledges from your family and friends who will support your Virtual Challenge activity. Send supporters to your online fundraising page that you receive once you register.
- The top fundraiser from each group (Under 10, ages 11 – 24, ages 25+, Team) will be invited to name a puppy from a future BC & Alberta Guide Dogs litter!
STEP 3 – Join us from October 4th to 10th
- Do your activity any time / any day that works for you from Sunday, October 4th to Saturday, October 10th with all the other participants in the Virtual Challenge.
- Share what you’re doing on social media with the hashtags #WoofaThonChallenge and #PuppyPawsitive